Summer Camp Staff
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt / Seasonal, June-August
As one of the largest summer day camps in San Diego, the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center is hiring summer camp staff for our 2022 Camp Jaycee season. Camp Jaycee offers a variety of options for campers ranging from 18 months to 11th grade. Some of the camp options include, but are not limited to, traditional, sports, theatre, special interests, and teen travel. Camp Jaycee staff will be responsible for implementing safe and age-appropriate programs for all camp participants. Camp Jaycee staff will assist with the planning and implementation of daily activities for campers and will ensure the camp operates in a safe and nurturing environment at all times.
Camp Jaycee Positions available are as follows:
– UNIT LEADERS
– CAMP COUNSELORS
– ARTS SPECIALISTS
– SPORTS SPECIALISTS
– INCLUSION AIDES/COUNSELORS
– BUS DRIVERS
- Previous experience working with children.
- Have or are willing to complete CPR and First Aid certification by start date.
- Ability to use good, sound judgment and handle emergency situations.
- Must be responsible, outgoing, honest and hard-working.
- Flexible and willing to have fun in a team environment.
- Ability to be a positive team player.
- Must be available and willing to commit to the 9-week camp duration.
- Ability to adapt to changing dynamics of campers.
- Be able to pass a CA state & Federal background check.
- Ability to plan and initiate age-appropriate games and activities.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful.
- Be a positive role model for campers.
- Maintain good relationships with camp parents.
- Must be willing to follow directions and take initiative.
Please Note– if applying for an inclusion position, applicants must have previous experience working with children who have special needs. If applying for a Lifeguard or Bus Driver position, applicants must have the current required applicable certifications.
- Ability to participate in all physical activities with participants (such as running, swimming, playing sports, leading games and crafts).
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crawling and bending.
- Ability to work in both an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 30 lbs. (reconfiguring furniture, moving equipment/supplies, etc.)
- Ability to perform CPR/AED.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start date to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please go to Camp Jaycee Online Staff Application to apply. NO PHONE CALLS